09 May 2008

Spring Evolution

I have a few symptoms as of late.

A sample:

  • I feel the need to replace my wardrobe.
  • I want to buy new pencils, erasers, and so on, not because I need them, but because my old ones are no longer novel or cute enough.
  • I feel like going out, having fun, running around ... all the while being very, very lethargic.
    Some would call this spring fever - I don't. "Fever" implies "feverish," the idea that someone is running around in an unnatural, somewhat manic state. That just isn't the case. I feel like I'm growing too old for my things, that I've somehow matured past the person who owned those clothes, those accessories, those habits. I'm stretching, flexing, and prodding my surroundings, calculating my way out of this old skin to a newer, polished version of myself.

    So, part of that escape is a change to this blog. The digitally-altered view of Tokyo at night was born of a girl dreaming of life in Japan from behind the desk of a college computer lab. Its replacement is a photo I took - that in and of itself is enough to make it a better representative of the things for which this blog stands.

    In short, forgive the abandoned skin, discarded on the floor, and just pay attention to the new, sleek me.

  • 1 comment: