18 June 2009

I had a meeting last Friday in Maebashi, the prefecture's capital. It was for JETs, to talk about things we have to do before we leave.

In short, it was one big ball of >STRESS<.

I had a meeting last Monday in Ota, the city I live in. It was for Ota ALTs, to talk about how to teach effectively. It was fun to meet all the new ALTs in my town for the first time, the people who came in April ... but it was also sad, knowing this would be the first and last time I would see them. It felt like I was watching my town speed past me; not waiting for me to leave it, it decided to leave me first.

I went to dinner with several of the older ALTs, though, and had a really wonderful time. We hung out for some two or three hours before making our separate ways home. The rain even waited until I got home before starting to fall.



Now I'm officially done with ALT meetings. I don't have time to feel much about it; I'm too busy preparing for the move. I alternate between stress and loneliness, all against a backdrop of the constant drizzle of the rainy season.

This isn't the way I wanted to leave Japan.

1 comment:

  1. Leslie I understand completely, I feel like everything is moving really fast right now too. It feels like I have been here forever and even though I'm not moving for another month it feels like I have no time left to get everything done that I want/need to do. I guess all we can do is hang in there and try to weather the storm. Let me know when you are back in Georgia and I'll make some time for us to catch up and tell each other stories about our adventures. Until then just hang in there and remember that you have friends who can relate. I'll talk to you soon.

    -Brad

    ReplyDelete